Thursday, March 5, 2009

Zhong Guo....

For all of you non-ZhongGuo peng yous....ZhongGuo means China. Literally it means Middle World. But who cares about that. As I sit here with a sinus infection and steamed broccoli, I find myself really missing my China.... missing my frizzy hair....missing my fish heads in a dish.....missing my glutonous rice balls.....but mostly missing my kids. Maybe since my life is less than interesting right now (but i'm not mad), maybe I'll share with you all some of my CRAZY china adventures. Since nobody even knows about this blog, maybe I'll just share them with myself. Which is okay, because if i hadn't of experienced it , I might not actually believe myself.

China allows for some crazy activities. You know that list you make twenty years down the road of the craziest things you've ever done? I'm pretty positive at least 1-18 will have happened in China. A few previews/examples for you- 1) Being strapped with string to a parasail and then flying hundreds of feet above the South China Sea. 2) Adorning size thirteen flip flops and a plastic hat and traversing hundreds of feet BELOW China to a crevis-y death trap for the pleasure of skinny dipping in a mud pool. 3) Singing 'Dancing Queen' at a kareoke/bbq club only to find ourselves photographed by 200+ asians and signing autographs for OVER an hour (wish it was a joke. it's not) 4)Riding our bikes by the light of the moon through the limestone hills of Guilin, dodging death traffic and drug dealers.....thats probably a fair amount of suspense for now.



Who wouldn't miss this??? These are those limestone hills I was talking about. After finishing up our bike ride we took a nice little float down the Li River on bamboo rafts. Can it get more Chinese than that?

1 comment:

  1. SKINNY DIPPING!?! JORD! I'm shocked! lol And the autograph signing killed me! I laughed so hard! I knew one day you'd be famous!

    ReplyDelete